The mission of our College Library/Learning Resource Center is to provide modern, high quality, interactive library services which will be coordinated and integrated into the general instruction program of the college. To this end, the Library Learning Resource Center seeks to provide quality, cost-effective information that is sufficiently flexible to meet the challenges of educational, societal, and technological change.
- Monday-Thursday: 7:00am-8:30pm
- Friday: 7:00am-12:00noon
- Except Holidays
- Minnie Carstarphen, Library Director
- Sharon Walker, Library Secretary/Technical Assistant
- Glenda Davis, Part-time night librarian
- Brenda Powell, Part-time night librarian
LINKS TO RESOURCES
- WCCS Library Catalog – Search our local catalog of printed, video, and web resources.
- Alabama Virtual Library – Alabama’s online access to essential library and information resources.
- American Journalism Review – A national magazine that covers all aspects of print, television, radio and online media.
- Britannica Online Encyclopedia – Search articles and reviews from four complete encyclopedia – Please note that this service functions only from the WCCS campus.
- Encyclopedia of Alabama
- FindLaw’s Constitutional Law Center – An educational resource site dedicated to the United States Constitution and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Gale E-Books
- Health Advance
- Infoplease – Online access to almanacs, atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedia, and thesauri – “All the knowledge you need.”
- LearningExpress Library – Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library’s resources will help you succeed. Each of our Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want-at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You’ll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that’s right for you. First click the “LearningExpress Library” link above. Then choose LearningExpress Library. Create an account and begin to find a wealth of learning resources.
- The Librarian’s Index – An extensive index of resources for librarians – “Information you can trust.”
- Library of Congress
- Pearson Portal for WCCS – “It provides one place for students to register and log in for all the MyLabs.”
- Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Salem Press
SPECIFIC TOPIC LINKS
LINKS TO OTHER RESOURCES